2011 Toyota Corolla fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Corolla:

2011 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Sep 212015

Corolla

I drive quite a bit and normally know my vehicles pretty good. I have recently obtained this 2011 Toyota Corolla S and it is in great condition overall. I made a trip 2 days after getting the vehicle and immediately noticed a hesitation between 55-65 mph. The first time it was approximately 11am in the morning at 78F. Driving on a flat well maintained black top road the vehicle does in fact have a constant hesitation that drops approximately 1000-2000 rpms with a noticeable feel in the vehicle. Immediately (3-4 sec) after the hesitation the vehicle recovers back to the original RPM. As long as staying in this speed range (55-65 mph) the vehicle has the hesitation repeatedly. The second issue that I have noticed on the same vehicle is the actual deceleration when removing my foot from accelerator. When traveling on the same road and time as stated above the vehicle seems to really coast right along or so it seems. When saying this, I removed my foot from accelerator and the vehicle rolls right along as if I am still pushing the accelerator at which time I must apply the brake more significantly than letting it just coast. I would like to know how this is effecting my gas mileage, is it going to cause undue strain on the drivetrain, is this going to be a problematic issue that Toyota is going to continue to ignore?

- Clarksvillle, TN, USA

Jan 122015

Corolla 4-cyl

I was getting out a parking in reverse, suddenly the car accelerated without control crashing with the car was behind in the other extreme in the parking. Damages:1-bumper, right and left of the rear sides of my car 2-back, front, and sides of the car which my car stopped.

- Trujillo Alto, PR, USA

Nov 082012

Corolla 4-cyl

While traveling on highway at 65 miles per hour when I release the gas pedal the vehicle continues accelerated for about one minute and then I noticed that the RPM and the engine start to reduce speed.

- Coamo, PR, USA

Aug 142012

Corolla

The contact owns a 2011 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled and the check engine light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for inspection where they stated that the fuel pump needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified and stated that there were no recalls on the vehicle. The failure mileage was 13,000.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA