4.4

2011 Toyota Corolla miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Corolla:

2011 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Sep 212015

Corolla

I drive quite a bit and normally know my vehicles pretty good. I have recently obtained this 2011 Toyota Corolla S and it is in great condition overall. I made a trip 2 days after getting the vehicle and immediately noticed a hesitation between 55-65 mph. The first time it was approximately 11am in the morning at 78F. Driving on a flat well maintained black top road the vehicle does in fact have a constant hesitation that drops approximately 1000-2000 rpms with a noticeable feel in the vehicle. Immediately (3-4 sec) after the hesitation the vehicle recovers back to the original RPM. As long as staying in this speed range (55-65 mph) the vehicle has the hesitation repeatedly. The second issue that I have noticed on the same vehicle is the actual deceleration when removing my foot from accelerator. When traveling on the same road and time as stated above the vehicle seems to really coast right along or so it seems. When saying this, I removed my foot from accelerator and the vehicle rolls right along as if I am still pushing the accelerator at which time I must apply the brake more significantly than letting it just coast. I would like to know how this is effecting my gas mileage, is it going to cause undue strain on the drivetrain, is this going to be a problematic issue that Toyota is going to continue to ignore?

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Jan 072016

Corolla

On January 7, 2016 we brought our car to the weston, Florida Toyota dealership because a check engine light was on. The service writer said there was a problem with the "canister" and that it had to be replaced. They gave us a loner-car and said the problem would be fixed in two days. Later that week, the service writer told us the computer had to be replaced and it would be "a while" until the part arrived. We still have the "loaner" and the car has been at the dealership since January 7th. Today is April 27th. So far 110 days. The loaner car is very nice (2015 Toyota Corolla). My wife loves the back-up camera, but her car still sits at the dealership. The car has 44,000 miles and has been repaired only once before. Interestingly, the previous problem with the car had to do with the computer. The car would lose over 100 RPM at highway speeds and then quickly accelerate back up to the preceding RPM. I think the mechanic said that he flashed the computer or something else that made me think (in layman's language) that he "rebooted" the car's computer. This week the service manager said that they expect the new computer to arrive by May 15th. I wrote a letter to southeast Toyota and their representative called to let me know that we were not alone but there are over 50 cars in their system that need new computers. It seems to me that the most popular car in the world should have an adequate supply or suppliers to replace the ones that go bad...to get a computer from manufacturing to the dealership should take fewer than five months. What do you think?

- Weston, FL, USA

Mar 012016

Corolla

Not sure why I was not contacted about all of these recalls. I have owned this vehicle since Dec. 2012

- Lexington, KY, USA

Nov 012012

Corolla

3 months after purchasing this vehicle, mice starting coming into the air filtration system. I have tried to keep them out however the design flaw in the cabin air intake will not prevent them from coming in. There is a huge opening where they constantly come in. I have 2 small children and this is very very dangerous between diseases and threat of wires being chewed. We also had a Toyota Tundra that had this same problem. My husband traded it in and has a Ford now and does not have a problem at all with mice.

- Nyssa, OR, USA

Aug 202014

Corolla

Shaking of car and sweaky brakes

- Washington, DC, USA