2013 Toyota Corolla steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Corolla:

2013 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 022015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the steering wheel was loose when turned in either direction. The contact had to grip the steering wheel tightly to maintain control. The dealer was notified of the failure several times and only adjusted the steering wheel, but the failure continued. The vehicle was also taken to a repair shop where an alignment was performed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 36,000.

- Baytown, TX, USA

Aug 012014

Corolla

2013 Toyota Corolla wanders at highway speeds. It is very difficult to keep the vehicle moving straight down the road. Scarry to drive on a two lane highway next to a rig due to swaying and instability.correction in the steering wheel results in the vehicle drifting into the adjacent lanes. This steering issue makes the car unsafe at highway speeds. The alignment on the vehicle was checked and is all within tolerances. The tires are brand new and properly inflated

- Woodbury, MN, USA

Jun 142015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Corolla. While driving 75 mph and attempting to make a right turn off the highway, the steering wheel became difficult to turn and seized. The contact engaged the brakes, but lost control of the vehicle and drove through a field. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- Inez, TX, USA

Jun 012015

Corolla 4-cyl

2013 Toyota Corolla. Consumer writes in regards to electrical assisted power steering issues. The consumer stated he has to constantly steer the vehicle straight.

- Sussex, WI, USA

Jul 082013

Corolla

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Corolla. While driving 35 mph, the steering seized without warning and excessive force was needed to maneuver the vehicle. The failure occurred on several occasions. The dealer was unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Feb 132014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Corolla. While driving 30 mph, the power steering failed without warning. The vehicle became difficult to control and caused the contact to crash into another vehicle. There were no injuries. The dealer was unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 3,500.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 102014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph, the power steering intermittently failed without warning. The vehicle became increasingly difficult to maneuver. Also, the contact mentioned that the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician was unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 19,800.

- Bowie, MD, USA

May 062013

Corolla

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the steering wheel failed to keep the vehicle straight. The vehicle veered to the left or right independently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician was unable to duplicate the failure. The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not availble. The approximate failure mileage was 25,000.

- Hudson, NY, USA

Jul 092014

Corolla

2013 Toyota Corolla wanders at highway speeds. It is very difficult to keep the vehicle moving straight down the road. Steering is overly sensitive and any correction in the steering wheel results in the vehicle drifting into the adjacent lanes. This steering issue makes the car unsafe at highway speeds. The alignment on the vehicle was checked and is all within tolerances. The tires are in good condition and are all inflated to the correct pressure.

- Hawaiian Gardens, CA, USA

Jun 192014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Corolla. While driving 65 mph, the steering wheel became difficult to turn and the vehicle would veer left and right. The vehicle also had delayed acceleration and the vechicle abnormally vibrated. The dealer stated that the brakes needed to be replaced and the rotors needed to be surfaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 16,000.

- Mill Creek , WA, USA

May 192014

Corolla 4-cyl

After making a right coming off interstate 95, the steering wheel locked up and would not straighten up. It caused the loss of control of the car; the car then went over the median which caused it to blow out the tire, destroy the rim and damage the axle, at minimum.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Mar 302013

Corolla 4-cyl

I leased my Corolla on 3/2013. I noticed that I had trouble steering the car right away, but just thought that it was because I wasn't used to the new electric steering. On the first 5000 mile maintenance I asked the adviser to have the alignment and tires checked. They said nothing was wrong with it. 10,000 mile maintenance I requested the same because the car is a chore to control on the freeway. The car wanders all over the road, sometimes to the left, and then to the right. It's nearly impossible to keep the straight on the road. They said they checked everything, and the car performs the same as all the other Corolla's. I called back the next week and they they'll have to begin charging me now, because the warranty will not allow for another alignment. I've been driving for over 30 years. I've never had an accident, and I've only been issued 1 traffic violation ticket since I obtained my license in 1980. This car has caused me to have several extremely close calls. The 2013 Toyota Corolla is dangerous. I drive about 15 miles each way to work and back. I've had to resort to taking side streets to avoid the freeway. We have family in other states but we can't drive there in the Corolla because the Corolla will probably cause us to have an accident before we reach our destination. My wife and I have always bought Toyota's, and this is my fourth Corolla. I bought my first Corolla in 1982, but I've begun the arbitration process for them to buy back this piece of junk. If that doesn't work, I'll use the lemon law. Shame on you Toyota for delivering such a dangerous automobile, and then doing nothing to remedy the situation.

- Buena Park, CA, USA

Jun 132013

Corolla 4-cyl

When driving on the highway at approx. 60 mph the car wanders to the left. I could not get the car to drive straight. It kept drifting left. I held the steering wheel straight on center and the car kept drifting left. I had to hold tight to the steering and when I felt it drifting left, I had to constantly correct the steering to prevent from going into the other lane. I bought this car brand new and it has been to the dealer 4 times for the same drifting / steering / wandering problem. The car has less than 2300 miles on it and still has the same problem. Toyota tells me that the vehicle was fully repaired and working as designed. I don't trust this vehicle and I feel that this I am not going to wait for an accident to happen. My only recourse now is the lemon law. I bought a brand new car and I want it to drive like a brand new car. I don't think that is too much to ask.

- Sharon , MA, USA

Jul 312013

Corolla

Since the day we leased 2013 Toyota Corolla July 2013, the car is all over the road. Constantly have to correct to keep in lane, buzzy, vibration. Very scary in the rain and snow. Constantly tcb locks front right brake and pull car towards the ditch. Had to back down a hill in the snow several times that we have driven over many years. Why would you put 55 series tire on a small car like this unless to cover up steering issues. We have 4 blizzack new snow tires and still scary to drive. Never had this problem with any of our other 16 prior Toyota's. complained to dealer and was told all within specs, get used to new technology. Spoke with Toyota factory representative on 02/27/2014 again told the same thing, they would look into it, "never heard" of any steering issues with this car. No anti sway bar on any Corolla now, but a $400 option if you want to have them upgrade it! we originally bought for college bound teenager, now sits in driveway because it is not safe. Help please!

- Preble, NY, USA

Aug 302013

Corolla

When driving on highway at 55 mph, the vehicle sways and drifts by itself to the right lane or somtimes the left lane without much driver effort. I feel that the car is being pushed off the road as im driving.I have notified my dealer millennium. Toyota in hempstead NY but they cant seem to find the problem. It seems though on your website that there were multiple complaints about the 2013 Toyota Corolla and this particular. Problem. The problem is with the electric power steering system. Toyota 2 times said they cant find the problem and said they just adjusted tire inflation to 32 psi.when I brought vechicle the first day, it had 50 psi on each tire and the dealer asked me if the TPMS light came on and I said no. Im surprised. That the dealer has no info on this steering problem. Im afraid for my life and my family that we may die in this car. The dealer is completely ignoring the problem. I even saw a class action lawsuit online regarding this issue. How come Toyota is not advising there customers of this problem. We the customer buys toyots for reliability and safety and I dont know if I will ever be safe in a Toyota Corolla again.

- Freeport, NY, USA

Sep 012013

Corolla

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the vehicle would drift to the right. The steering wheel was also abnormally loose and the contact had to constantly correct the steering wheel to avoid crashing. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection or repairs. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 80. The VIN was unavailable.

- Hicksville, NY, USA

Aug 132013

Corolla

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that while driving approximately 60 mph, the steering wheel became difficult to maneuver. The contact mentioned that the eps, ABS, and the vsa warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was unable to be replicated. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 92,000 and the current mileage was 10,163.

- Candler, NC, USA

Aug 272013

Corolla 4-cyl

New 2013 Corolla L. 1st time driving on highway. Had to constantly correct steering, felt like wind buffeting the car. Any light touch on steering wheel caused car to shift direction. At one point, the car veered into another lane with just a very light touch on the steering wheel. Now I learn about a 2010 recall, & read many complaints about fatigue from constantly handling the steering wheel, unexpected direction changes, and even accidents. Unimpressive! and dangerous!

- Hamilton, NY, USA

Jul 062013

Corolla 4-cyl

*steering* I went to visit my dad & run some errands in la county on July 6th 2013. I reside in orange county so I had to get on the freeway. The speed limit on California freeways is 65 miles per hour. When I got up to 65 miles per hour my car started veering off to the left & I had keep a firm grip on the steering wheel with both hands to keep the car in my lane. The speed limit in irvine on most streets is 50 miles per hour. I don't seem to have the veering problem at 50 miles per hour or less like I did at 65 miles per hour. Very scary. *engine problems 2 times so far* on 8/14/13 I tried to start my car to run an errand & it wouldn't start. I turned the key towards me & tried to start it again then it started right up. I thought that it was a one time incident so I let it go. Earlier today 8/17/13 the same thing happened. I put the key in the ignition, turned the key & nothing happened, it didn't start up. Once again I turned the key towards me then turned it in the opposite direction & it started right up. I just bought this car on 6/9/13 & after the test drive it had 5 miles on it when I drove off of the dealer's lot "power Toyota cerritos" aka autonation. I currently have 649 miles on my car. I plan on contacting the dealership service dept on 8/19/13 to make an appointment to have my vehicle inspected. If this problem persists I'm going to contact a lemon law attorney. I have a disabled child that I use this vehicle to Transport to & from doctor's appointments. I bought a Toyota because of the reputation of dependability that the name carries. Now I'm not so sure.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Jun 112013

Corolla

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that while driving approximately 50 mph, the vehicle veered out of the lane independently. The failure recurred whenever the vehicle was in operation and when the contact was driving at any speed. The vehicle was neither diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 100.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA