2013 Toyota Corolla suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Corolla:

2013 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Oct 132016

I want my money back

- Risingfawn, GA, USA

Jul 312013

Corolla

Since the day we leased 2013 Toyota Corolla July 2013, the car is all over the road. Constantly have to correct to keep in lane, buzzy, vibration. Very scary in the rain and snow. Constantly tcb locks front right brake and pull car towards the ditch. Had to back down a hill in the snow several times that we have driven over many years. Why would you put 55 series tire on a small car like this unless to cover up steering issues. We have 4 blizzack new snow tires and still scary to drive. Never had this problem with any of our other 16 prior Toyota's. complained to dealer and was told all within specs, get used to new technology. Spoke with Toyota factory representative on 02/27/2014 again told the same thing, they would look into it, "never heard" of any steering issues with this car. No anti sway bar on any Corolla now, but a $400 option if you want to have them upgrade it! we originally bought for college bound teenager, now sits in driveway because it is not safe. Help please!

- Preble, NY, USA

Apr 132013

Corolla

I just bought a 2013 Toyota Corolla on Friday 4/12/13 and noticed while driving off the lot the steering wheel was cocked to the left a little and if straightened the car would veer to the right. I figured I would take it in next week to get fixed but wasn't too worried about it. The next night I was driving for the first time on the freeway around 65-70 mph and felt like the car was all over the road and it was very hard to keep it straight in the lane. It felt like it was really windy and the car was being pushed left and right even if I kept the wheel straight. I immediately contacted the sales manager and told him I was taking the vehicle back the next day. I brought the vehicle in and the sales manager test drove the car with me in it and he felt the same thing I felt. The car stayed overnight until service dept was open for Monday. I came to pick up the vehicle the next day and saw that the steering wheel was fixed, but once on the freeway it did the exact same thing so I took it back immediately and had the service manager test drive the vehicle, he too felt the problem and said to bring it back Wednesday because a rep from Toyota was coming and he'll have him take a look at it. The rep came out and said the vehicle was performing as standard per wind and road conditions and since it was designed to be a lightweight vehicle that it would feel like that. I told them I didn't feel safe in the vehicle and I no longer wanted it, the GM said to leave it another day until they can resolve the issue. When I came in the next afternoon I did a test drive with the GM and the car was pretty much fixed it still had the problem but was barely noticeable. They stated all they did was take the air in the tires down from 35 psi to 32 psi. They claimed that is all they did! so I told them I am satisfied for now but if the issue recurs I will be taking it back!

- Fresno, CA, USA

Oct 242012

Corolla

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Corolla. While driving approximately 40 mph, the rear end of the vehicle began to pull to the right. The failure recurred most frequently when driving in rainy weather or snow covered roads. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer six times. A four wheel alignment and a wheel balance were performed however, the failure persisted. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 100.

- Germantown, MD, USA