2014 Toyota Corolla electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Corolla:

2014 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Jun 192014

2014 Corolla with the premium wheels (black and silver). The tires loose tire pressure faster than any other car requiring me to add air every month. They loose 3-6 psi each month and the weather +/- 10 degrees change accounts for 1 psi loss rule doesn't fit because its always 90F in Florida. This is an issue for everyone because we typically don't check tire pressure more frequent than 4 X a year for each season. Not sure if this happens to those with the regular rims but I have the sport Toyota rims that came with the S plus trim.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Jun 162015

2014 Corolla. Locks will get stuck between open and close when using remote control. This is a flaw in the lock mechanism. Happens to me once a month and the only way to open it is with a key.

- Pembroke Pines Fl, FL, USA

May 062016

I was parked in the underground parking at the North West corner of amherst ave and santa monica blvd in los angeles. I was exiting driving up the very narrow exit ramp. 1.the one way exit to the lot curves and is very narrow. As I navigated the narrow exit, I felt that I was almost touching the wall on the right side. 2.I applied the brakes and put the car in reverse in order to get away from the wall. However, the brakes did not respond and the car rolled backwards around the bend, hitting the wall behind me. The car came to a complete stop. 3.applying the brakes had no impact on the car neither decelerating nor accelerating. This shows that the brakes definitely did not work. 4.with my foot on the brakes, I put the car in drive. At no time did I press the accelerator pedal. I would have heard the engine. The instant I shifted to drive, the car lunged forward at a very high rate of speed. Consequentially, my car zoomed up the driveway into the ground level parking facing West. Within a second or so, my car collided with another car, parked facing West in front of pizza hut. Due to the force of the impact at such a high rate of speed, the parked Hyundai superseded the concrete parking barrier crashing into pizza hut, shattering the store front window. car was thankfully stopped due to impact with the Hyundai on the right side of my vehicle and a low wall on the left side.

Jan 122016

The low beam part of the headlight assembly in the Corolla sports 2014 is irreplaceable. I have seen multiple Corolla 2014S on the road with atleast 1 of the lowbeam headlights not working and it could be a problem either with the electrical system or the wiring must be getting pinched as it has no guard from getting pinched if it's harnessed via the front of the car near the bumper. I am personally trying to fight this problem but the dealership will not help me.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Sep 242014

Vehicle stalls. After putting vehicle in reverse and backing out of parking spot, vehicle stalled. After restarting and pulling back into parking spot vehicle stalled. I shut car off and restarted in park and after 5 seconds vehicle stalled again. Car had to be towed and rental car was necessary to get home. Toyota rep said that it was the computer. Either had to be updated or rebooted (dtc P2645 and or P265B were documented as the cause).

Sep 032014

Vehicle doors would not unlock after pumping gas at station. Vehicle was not started at the time and keys were in car (key-less system which is supposed to automatically unlock doors when keys are in vehicle). After attempting to open the driver side door without success, the passenger door did the same. After a few minutes of waiting the passenger door finally unlocked. The vehicle started however, there was a smell of gasoline coming from the vents. The air conditioner also stopped working. When the button for venting outside/inside was switch to outside air, the gasoline smell dissipated. When I pressed inside air the strong smell of gasoline occurred again. After approximately 20 minutes, the air conditioner began to work and shortly there after the smell of gasoline resolved. After a few hours the headache from gasoline inhalation went away.

Dec 242013

Corolla 4-cyl

I was not familiar with the light switch on the vehicle that I had just purchased and believed that I had turned on the lights of my vehicle. In reality I was driving with the taillights off because the light switch was in the "dlr" position. (the light switch is behind the steering wheel with small letters that can't be read in the dark). There is no indication that the taillights are off when the switch is in this position. The headlights are on as well as the instrument panel illumination. Since then I have seen the same vehicle / model year driving without taillights in the middle of the night in approximately 5 occasions. I believe that sooner or later this design flaw will cause accidents.

- Apache Junction, AZ, USA

Mar 202014

The contact owns a 2014 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that while parking, he noticed white smoke was emitting from the rear of the window. The fire department was contacted and a report was filed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician verified that a wiring harness was burning by the passenger side tail light. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who decided to send out an engineer to inspect the vehicle. The engineer was unable to determine what caused the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The failure and current mileage was 1,007.

- Hampton , VA, USA

Apr 232014

TL- the contact owns a 2014 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that while traveling various speeds, the vehicle suddenly lost acceleration power then stalled. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the computer software needed to be updated. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 2,000.

- Tomball, TX, USA