2014 Toyota Corolla lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Corolla:

2014 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Jan 012016

Headlight is one assembly and cost so much to replace that's why when the bulbs gets burnt out owners will just wait until the other one gets burnt also because it is too expensive to replace the whole assembly not like other cars that you can replace the bulbs for less than $5 but with this car it is like $250 to replace a burnt headlight. People who drive this Corolla's are taking their risk specially at night driving without sufficient lights because it is too expensive to replace. Please check on this, thanks.

- Lakewood, CA, USA

Jan 122016

The low beam part of the headlight assembly in the Corolla sports 2014 is irreplaceable. I have seen multiple Corolla 2014S on the road with atleast 1 of the lowbeam headlights not working and it could be a problem either with the electrical system or the wiring must be getting pinched as it has no guard from getting pinched if it's harnessed via the front of the car near the bumper. I am personally trying to fight this problem but the dealership will not help me.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Jul 252014

While driving at night, with low beams on, oncoming traffic will flash their headlights. This has happened numerous times with some oncoming traffic turning on their high beams and leaving them on as they approach our car. I have checked to make sure that low beams are on when there is oncoming traffic. I have had the Toyota dealer check the headlight adjustment twice. Their response is that the headlights are adjusted to spec. We are hesitant to drive the car at night because of the complaints we have received about the headlights.

- Middlebury, IN, USA

Dec 242013

Corolla 4-cyl

I was not familiar with the light switch on the vehicle that I had just purchased and believed that I had turned on the lights of my vehicle. In reality I was driving with the taillights off because the light switch was in the "dlr" position. (the light switch is behind the steering wheel with small letters that can't be read in the dark). There is no indication that the taillights are off when the switch is in this position. The headlights are on as well as the instrument panel illumination. Since then I have seen the same vehicle / model year driving without taillights in the middle of the night in approximately 5 occasions. I believe that sooner or later this design flaw will cause accidents.

- Apache Junction, AZ, USA