2015 Toyota Corolla electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Corolla:

2015 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Sep 302015

On the freeway driving and eighteen wheeler came over on my car and hit and dragged my until my detached from the truck spin around and the back of my car slammed into the median wall. The air bags did not deploy....updated 10/29/15

- Memphis, TN, USA

Sep 222015

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota Corolla. While driving 45 mph, the vehicle lost power without warning. The contact depressed the accelerator pedal, but the vehicle did not move and the engine seized. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, but the failure could not be diagnosed or duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 4,900. Updated 1/21/16

- Oroville, CA, USA

Jul 142015

Filing a complaint on behalf of our insured/policyholder. She was backing out of driveway in reverse and foot applied on brake, at this time the accelerator began surging and the vehicle while in reverse and brake being pressed went up in speed to possibly 35 miles per hour and across the street, hit curb and jumped curb, and the rear end ultimately struck a tree and came to a rest in the opposing home's yard. Research online such as the shows that this year/make/model has had numerous complaints of accelerator surging occurring while the vehicle is in drive or reverse.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Feb 092015

Corolla 4-cyl

The steering wheel locked up and failed to rotate while I was making a left turn in a busy intersection. Using my full weight I was able to turn the wheel and thankfully oncoming traffic avoided hitting me. Toyota towed my car to the dealership. I have owned the vehicle for only two months, and it was purchased with less than 10 miles. After a day of testing, I was told that an electrical item malfunctioned. The piece has to be replaced and is on backorder. It was an extremely scary incident and unbelievable considering the age of my vehicle.

- Austin, TX, USA