2015 Toyota Corolla steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Corolla:

2015 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Aug 162016

Corolla

I purchased a used 2015 Toyota Corolla with about 27,085miles, in June 2016. Three months later, the steering wheel locked while driving down the street. I could not turn the wheel and the brakes would not work. By having no control of the car, it crashed into a parked vehicle. There was minor damage to the parked vehicle. The Corolla had major damage because all the air bags were deployed. This occured three blocks from home, on a city street. No speeding was involved and no citations were issued by the police

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Dec 292015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the steering column seized without warning. As a result, the contact crashed into the median. The contact mentioned that after the failure occurred, the tire pressure warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. A police report was filed. There was one injury that did not require medical attention. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 3,200. The VIN was not available.

- Diamond Bar, CA, USA

Sep 212015

Corolla

Electric power steering is extremely over boosted. I have to struggle to maintain a straight line at speeds excess of 50 mph as any input results in extreme angle. Difficult to driver at highway speeds, even with cruise control. Please fix this!

- Dallas, TX, USA

Sep 102015

Corolla

My teenage licensed daughter was driving down resler, on a four lane street, she was on the second lane to the right and she made a slight right turn following the lane, while approaching the intersection with cloudview and resler the steering wheel got stuck. She didn't have control over the front wheels. The steering wheel was if it had a lock on it and she started to verge to her right and she pressed on the breaks, but she still merged to the right enough to hit the car next to her causing an accident. Nobody was hurt, but the car was badly damaged.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Feb 092015

Corolla 4-cyl

Immediate attention required re:2015 Toyota Corolla " dangerous steering failure dear NHTSA, on December 8, 2014, I purchased a new 2015 Toyota Corolla. On February 9, 2015, the steering wheel failed to operate while I was making a left turn, leaving me stranded in the middle of a busy intersection with oncoming traffic. Turning the wheel caused no input to the wheels. The service technician told me that ?the computer became overwhelmed.? thankfully there was not a wreck. After stopping, there were no warnings lights or messages. I clicked every display feature in an attempt to decipher what had gone so wrong with my new car. I turned off the vehicle, waited a moment, and it turned it back on at which time the steering wheel warning sign appeared. I was ill and had a doctor"S appointment, so I reached out to toyotacare as soon as my appointment concluded. The service department at autonation has always provided topnotch service, and they have continued to do so through this dangerous, disappointing and puzzling failure. Their service technician advised me that the part is backordered and let me know it will be at least one week before the part arrives and is installed. Today, they told me that Toyota engineer came to inspect the car and that Toyota is taking the apparently defective part for further inspection. If you wish to inspect the car, please take immediate action. The car is at: Autonation Toyota South 4800 S interstate 35 frontage rd austin tx 78745

- Austin, TX, USA

Feb 092015

Corolla 4-cyl

The steering wheel locked up and failed to rotate while I was making a left turn in a busy intersection. Using my full weight I was able to turn the wheel and thankfully oncoming traffic avoided hitting me. Toyota towed my car to the dealership. I have owned the vehicle for only two months, and it was purchased with less than 10 miles. After a day of testing, I was told that an electrical item malfunctioned. The piece has to be replaced and is on backorder. It was an extremely scary incident and unbelievable considering the age of my vehicle.

- Austin, TX, USA