2016 Toyota Corolla seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Toyota Corolla:

2016 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Oct 022016

Airbags did not deploy at time of crash which they should have.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 262016

I was making a left-hand turn on a two-lane highway. The individual behind me was not paying attention and did not stop. Instead of swerving to the right to miss me, she swerved into the oncoming traffic lane just as I was turning left. Her GMC 2500 heavy duty pick-up impacted my car at the driver door, front pillar, front fender.the impact pushed my car over 30 ft down the road before pushing my car approximately 20 ft off the road, up a slight hill. In this impact, no airbags deployed. The state trooper at the scene, the insurance company, and the tow truck driver are all stunned by this fact. In this accident my head hit the pillar next to my door causing me to be knocked unconscious, giving me a concussion and causing a head laceration requiring staples in my head. The tow truck driver said the cartridge in the seat belt assembly did not deploy and my collar bone was broken as well. My car was going about 5 miles per hour at the moment of impact. I was sitting in traffic prior to making the left-hand turn. In addition, I did have a progressive snap-shot installed in the car.

- Kunkletown, PA, USA