2003 Toyota Echo drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Echo:

2003 Toyota Echo Owner Comments

Feb 282003

Echo 4-cyl

From the date of purchase of this vehicle I hear a high pitched whine coming from the car. From doing research on forum sites dedicated to the Echo it seems to be common on all cars. The whine is loudest on the highway between 45 - 65 mph. I contacted two different dealers about this issue and I was told to remove my stock hub caps / this does not work. I was also told that Toyota will not look into the issue due to the car being discontinued.

- Sanford, ME, USA