1. replace ignition coil and sparking plugs (1 reports)
2003 Toyota Echo electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Echo:

2003 Toyota Echo Owner Comments

Mar 262011

Echo 4 Doors Sedan LX 1.5L

I had my engine working very arrhythmical, as the ill heart. This problem happened suddenly, when I was traveling to see my patient. I had to cancel my visit and brought my car to mechanic. He replaced sparking plugs and failed coil. I am an experienced driver, who had to drive even vintage Fiat 600, but never had such problems before. As far as I know, failure of the ignition coil was common up to 1950- th, when resin insulation of the inner layers of the ignition coils were used. This type of problem is completely eliminated since 60- th, when new technologies are used, and may be seen only in some countries of the 3-rd world, where quality control is awful.

- , Thornhill, Ontario, Canada