8.0

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser:

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Owner Comments

Aug 012010

FJ Cruiser

2007 Toyota Fj cruiser. I have this SUV since Sep., 2007. The only problem I have with this SUV is the ABS brake system, which doesn't work right. When coming to a stop, if there is a metal manhole cover or a pot hole when I apply brake, the ABS activates and stays active (no brake at all) long after I have crossed the hole causing the SUV to roll much further than I would have without ABS. I lost brake completely during this process, and I almost hit the car in front of me on that day. I had to release and re-apply brake to get the brake work again. But this isn't the way how ABS works. There are many other fj owners having the same problem.

- Elmhurst, NY, USA