3.3

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser:

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Owner Comments

Jul 262014

FJ Cruiser

I was driving on a surface street and felt a strange but and then a distinct thump, thump, thump, sound began emitting from the rear of the vehicle, I contacted my local Toyota deal but they failed to provide me with any helpful information regarding any recalls regarding the rear differential. Since I had the vehicle at a shop already and it was out of warranty, I allowed an outside shop to do the work. 1ea ring and pinion gear set, 1ea bearings kit, 1ea seals kit, synthetic oil, and labor for a total of $2002.20 I find it hard to believe a vehicle with 41.000 miles on would have it rear differential fail in the manner that this unit failed.

- Westlake Village, CA, USA