1. buy the v6 (1 reports)
2002 Toyota Highlander engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Highlander:

2002 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Dec 012002

Highlander 2.4L 4 cyl

I am the sole driver for the Toyota Highlander. I never carry anything heavier than a set of golf clubs. Still I get about 18mpg combined (which is the same for the V6) I get better mileage from my V8 Volvo XC90 which is built like a tank. Save yourself a headache and buy a Ford or Kia. Not a fan of either, but I think the Koreans put a little bit more effort into their vehicles since they have matured in the American market.

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA