2002 Toyota Highlander windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Highlander:

2002 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Jul 042002

Highlander 4WD 6-cyl

When driving Highlander at speed of 25 phr or more with rear windows down and front windows up, air entering cabin space causes high vibrations that make hearing impared. And ear drums uncomfortable for all passengers. The first time this occurred, I was driving with my infant son. I was not expecting to experince what came next once I partially lowered the rear windows. I was worried, I might have damaged my infants sons ear drums.

- Paramount, CT, USA

Apr 152002

Highlander 4WD

This is a 4-door model. When front windows are closed and rear door windows are lowered it sounds like an airplane flew over the back seat; noise created is horrendous. You cannot continue driving with the noise. Rolling down "a" front window eliminates the problem. I can't imagine the consequences of someone having a dog in the back seat and rolling down a rear window so they don't mess up the glass.

- Novato, CA, USA