3.1

2003 Toyota Highlander accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Highlander:

2003 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Feb 052014

Highlander 6-cyl

Drivers side seat belt nylon webbing (actual belt portion) has started to severely unravel in several different places. I feel this is a factory defect in materials; however, local dealership where vehicle was purchased informs me that it will cost me $270 to replace this belt. Cost so high because the whole mechanism must be replaced...not just webbing. I am a senior citizen on a fixed income & cannot afford to replace the belt @ this cost. I feel manufacturer should replace @ no charge since a defective seat belt on drivers side is very dangerous. I have been a long time Toyota customer & this is my 1st compliant ever.

- Mobile, AL, USA