$2,000.00

1. replace headbolts (1 reports)
2004 Toyota Highlander cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Highlander:

2004 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Feb 012013

Highlander

I purchased my, Highlander 2004, in 2007, which has only 76,000 miles on it. Kept replacing anti-freeze, thinking it was the radiator. Noticed smoking, so I took it to my mechanic, who told me that it wasn't the radiator, it was the anti-freeze leaking out of my bolts onto the engine. He then told me that it was a defect on the manufacturers part.

I called Toyota, and they told me that since my warranty had expired, there was nothing they could do, which I feel is so unfair to their customers. This is a huge inconvenience out of my pocket, and Toyota should step up to the plate and take better care of their customers. My warranty was for three years, and problems like this do not occur ordinarily within that time. This is a major problem, and I will never purchase another Toyota.

- , Bronx, NY, USA