4.0

1. warranty would not cover, had to get buy new headlights (1 reports)
2004 Toyota Highlander lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Highlander:

2004 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Nov 072007

Highlander 3.3L

I bought my '04 Highlander new, had all original equipment. The headlights started to cloud over on the inside over the bulbs & eventually started to bubble, melting through. I was still under warranty & even purchased the extended warranty (dumb, I know). When I contacted the dealer, they said they'd never seen this problem before & checked the bulbs (the originals from the factory). They said I needed to contact Toyota customer service. Absolutely no help there. They also said they'd never heard it was a problem before. Funny, I found several other owners online griping about the same thing, all on the 2004 model. I started looking around & found 4 other 2004 Highlanders in my area (N. IL) with the exact same problem!

New parts from Toyota were $300/light plus installation & was told aftermarket lights may "void your warranty". Bollocks to them! I got replacements online for about $100 apiece & did it myself.

I like my Toyotas, but this has left me with a very poor opinion with their service.

- , Caledonia, IL, USA