2005 Toyota Highlander miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Highlander:

2005 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Jun 012007

Highlander 4WD 6-cyl

2005 Toyota Highlander. Consumer would like to receive recall information.

- Macungie, PA, USA

Mar 202006

Highlander

Product brand/model: Garmin / street Pilot I5 (navigation/gps): There is a single but serious safety issue. My I5 loses suction from the windshield daily without warning and/or consistent conditions (I.e. hot/cold/wet/dry/moving/still). There is no damage to the rubber suction cup and my car is new (2005 Highlander) and clean. I told a neighbor about it (he is an engineer) he said the devises suction cup is too small relative to it's weight and thus gravity and leverage over power the vacuum of the suction over time (I.e. the suction cup is to small relative to the weight it must hold up). This creates a very dangerous traffic safety issue as the unit has fallen onto my lap several times in the midst of driving my car and can be a potentially dangerous distraction (it could just as easily fallen on the floor under my breaks as well). I have contacted the company through out their web site but have not received a response to date. The bigger issue is that I am sure thousands of people have this and prior models (I1 to I4) which will all have the same safety issue (why wait for a series of accidents to take action) help!

- Airmont, NY, USA