4.0

1. dealer replaced the gutter seals (2 reports)
2008 Toyota Highlander body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Highlander:

2008 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Apr 102009

Highlander Sport 3.5L V6

click to see larger images

rain gutter seals fell out rain gutter seals fell out

These seals fell off during the automatic/drive-through car wash on 04/10/09. It is worth noting that the vehicle had only 10,000 miles and was less than a year old at the time of incident.

One of the attendants made the comment that this is a common issue with the Lexus RX and Highlander.

I promptly took the vehicle to the dealer (same day), and they ordered new parts under warranty. New parts were installed within one week with no fuss or drama.

- , Oswego, IL, USA

Apr 102009

Highlander Sport 3.5L V6

click to see larger images

rain gutter seals fell out rain gutter seals fell out

This problem happened after less than one year of ownership. I went through the car wash on 04/10/09. After the attendants started hand drying the vehicle, I noticed these gutter seals displaced from their installed position. One of the attendants made a comment to me that this happens all of the time on the Lexus RX and Highlander.

This wasn't the car wash's fault, as every other vehicle that passes through does not experience this problem. This is a deficient design. I promptly went to the dealer, leaving the seals in this defective state. The dealer ordered new parts and replaced them with no fuss after a week of reporting the problem.

- , Oswego, IL, USA