2009 Toyota Highlander seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Highlander:

2009 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Sep 022015

Highlander

$7155 quote to replace 2 electrical harnesses. Reason: "warning: SRS airbag check. Take vehicle to dealer". the junction box is hidden behind the driver side front panel. The pins in the junction box belonging to the airbag wiring harness (part # 82141-48R51) that runs underneath the dashboard were fried due to electrical short (unexplained). Because the junction box also brings the rear wiring harness (part # 82162-48D40 ) to tail, headliner, and back of the vehicle, this must be replaced as well. I fear that there is a major flaw in the electrical system / SRS airbags of this vehicle and the vehicle electrical system has experienced premature failure.

- Northbrook, IL, USA

Nov 132014

Highlander 6-cyl

I have not had an accident with this vehicle, however I was told by Toyota to check this website to see if my particular year and model is one of the ones affected by the airbag malfunction. If so, I want to get it in to be repaired as soon as possible in case there is an accident and someone in my vehicle is killed or injured. I am a sports mom so at times I have 6 children in my vehicle and 2 are my grandchildren.

- Flagstaff, AZ, USA

Oct 212011

Highlander

Without prejudice my vehicle was rear -ended by another vehicle at speed of approximately 75, and got crashed on to the car in front at speed of 40 to 50. Air bags failed to deploy and dash board indicator light came on and it does not go off. I strongly believe this is a manufacturer defect. This SUV consists with six air bags. Non of them responded. I purchase with confidence that air bags are in working order. Manufacturer risk our life for nearly two years. I deserve compensation for risking 6 lives.

- Pasadena, CA, USA