Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2010 Highlander's rear liftgate thinks it's open when it's closed and then once it's actually open, you might not be able to shut it again. Remember folks, if your liftgate is stuck open for more than 4 hours, consult your mechanic.

2010 Toyota Highlander windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Highlander:

2010 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Jan 012013

The visor is defective and gets stuck in a 45 degree angle position. A warranty repair was made, but it happened a second time outside of warranty. Also, the passenger side visor developed the same problem, also outside of warranty. Based on the position of the visor at a 45 degree angle, if there's an accident the head of the driver or passenger will go right into the brim of the visor. This is obviously very dangerous and should be addressed by Toyota. I believe Toyota needs to issue a recall immediately before someone gets seriously injured or worse.

- St. Charles, MO, USA

Mar 012013

The driver side visor will not remain in the up position. If falls down directly into the line of vision and partially obstruct vision. It might not be an issue for driver 5'2 tall or less but for 6 ft or above it's an issue.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jul 012013

The driver side visor will not maintain in the up position. If falls down directly into my line of vision and is very distracting and dangerous.

- Wakefield, RI, USA

Aug 272012

Highlander 6-cyl

Driving on I-5 Monday am to work and due to the sun shining in my eyes put the visor down. Later when the sun went behind some clouds I put the visor back up and I heard noise from the visor that appeared to be like plastic rubbing together. When I let go of the visor it dropped straight down in my line of sight and would not stay up or even forward close to the window. Seems to be a dangerous problem as it is right in the line of sight and cannot be adjusted. I had to uninstall the visor and now I don't have any sunlight protection. The visor worked fine up to this point. No indication of a problem. Have never replaced a visor before this.

- Salem, OR, USA

Jul 022012

The sun visor on my 2010 Toyota Highlander opened in front of my eyes blocking my vision for a few seconds. Now the visor will not stay in the up position. I have to move it to the side to keep it from blocking my vision.

- Brunswick, GA, USA

Oct 162011

Highlander 6-cyl

My husband and I were driving down the highway and we heard a loud crashing sound. We were not by a construction site nor an overpass. The weather conditions were dry, sunny and 77 degrees. It was not the tire because the car did not shake and no indicators on the dash lit up. I pulled over and upon inspection of the vehicle, there was a large gaping hole in the center of my closed sunroof! fortunately the inside visor was closed. We slowly took secondary roads home while listening to gravel sounding glass above us. Now, my dilemma is getting Toyota to own this defect. This is not an insurance issue. This is a vehicle defect.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Oct 312009

Immediately after purchasing our car, we noticed that the front windshield was defective. It has waves, causing vision distortion and headaches. We have contacted Toyota and also had a Toyota Corp rep look at it, without us being present, and they simply deny this problem exists. We have compared it with other Highlanders, and none have the same issue. The salespeople acknowledge a problem exists, but Toyota will not fix it.

- Agoura, CA, USA