2013 Toyota Highlander fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Highlander:

2013 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Nov 122013

Highlander 6-cyl

I purchased a new 2013 Toyota Highlander limited in November 2013. A few days later, upon accelerating from a stop into a left turn, the engine cut off for a few seconds while entering traffic. This happened a couple more times before the first checkup, at which time I informed the service technician, problem was noted on service sheet, but when service was completed, they said they could find no problem. The hesitation continued, quite randomly, and seemed to happen in left turn, accelerating situations. At next service and checkup (different dealer) I told them about the problem and it was written up again with same result, no problem could be found. This has been reported to dealer at least three times, no results, no action taken, no problem found. I consider this a dangerous situation, especially when merging into traffic. Based on information I have seen, it appears that Toyota should address this problem asap.

- Vicksburg, MS, USA

May 012014

Highlander 6-cyl

As I was pulling into a parking space (maybe 5 miles per hour) and put my foot on the brake to stop, my 2013 Toyota Highlander lunged forward so hard that it went over the concrete spacer, a grass median, the curb and into the street beyond the parking lot. I was able to brake and stop the acceleration, but it was so sudden, fast and unexpected that I scraped the passenger side on the vehicle next to me. A by-stander commented "I don't know what happened! all of a sudden your car just raced away!" I have driven for over 45 years without an accident. I have been a loyal Toyota customer, buying one for my son and daughter as well as this vehicle and I thought whatever problems Toyota had were taken care of but now I am afraid to drive my vehicle.

- Midland, TX, USA

Nov 272013

Highlander 6-cyl

When driving the vehicle at 35mph when you step on the gas pedal there's a delay on acceleration especially when the vehicle is going uphill. It started when the vehicle mileage was at 1250 miles its on and off.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA