8.1

2014 Toyota Highlander body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Highlander:

2014 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Mar 092016

Highlander

The rear power door, first was sporatic, would open half way then stop, then you have to push the door open against the motors, then, sometimes it will close, but most time in the rain, you have to jump up and pull down the door, again against the motors, they resist quite alot, now the door, opens 2 inchs and stops and I can't get it to open more, told Toyota, well, we have one guy that works on that, and it has to do it in front of him, shouldn't a complaint about a door not opening be safety related, its a door, it won't open and pushing against motors is very unwanted for a disabled person, the last 2 weeks, every time I go to store it won't work, and I have my hands full with grocery's, I have had to use side doors, to get things out when it won't open, took it back for the third time to Toyota and dealership person said, I was rude, saying bs the door wouldn't open, so far, it does not open and Toyota has not offered a fix, and I need to go on a trip, looks like a car rental, rather than take a chance my door won't open in the rain.......its a back door to a car, it should open at all times, and no motor should be stoping it, and I was told they know about it, but again, the one person in building has to see it........wow, biggest car company in the world and I have to post this, 4 vechiles with them and rethinking it now, the horrible jbl stereo, is another post.....but shouldn't a door open at all times, it does not at the moment of writing this, last night it did not close all the way, and the wind caused the alarm to go off this morning...the very motors, that should close it did not work, again, it was 1/2 inch, open this time....and it was raining all night.

- Spokane, WA, USA

Jul 012014

Highlander

Rear door hatch stalls upon opening and closing. Frequently reported problem on Toyota websites. When door switch is activated either at the door, remote fob or dash switch, the door opens a few inches then stops. Pressing again moves it back then stops. You must manually open or close the door. Not certain the door locks completely when closing. Ongoing issue since July 2014

- Roseville, CA, USA

May 142014

Highlander

When driving on the fwy, intermittently depending on the wind or how the door was shut for the rubber seal to make a solid connection, there is significant wind noise that breaches the seal and makes excessive noise. This is most noticeable in the drivers side and is where I measured for sound levels. The closer I bring the meter to the window by the side mirror then more noise is recorded. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all, even at 70mph. Other times, and often it there is a wind noise coming into the cabin. With Toyota's claim for it being such a quiet cabin, this noise is not right. I test drove with the tech manager at my dealer and he too noted the problem. He ordered a new door seal. There is nothing wrong with the door seal, and I didn't have it installed. However there was a window frame black plastic panel that wasn't properly seated, and this was replaced. Not sure if it fixed the problem, as its too early to tell. There is a large number of report from other owners online with this issue. So far I know of one owner who returned the car due to this excessive wind noise.

- Tarzana, CA, USA