2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid:

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Owner Comments

May 022015

Highlander Hybrid 6-cyl

Consumer stated he was rear ended by a drunk driver. The air bags did not deploy.

- Amarillo, TX, USA

Jul 122015

Highlander Hybrid

The SRS airbag warning light in my 2006 Toyota Highlander hybrid with 112,000 miles has been turning on and off while travelling. Toyota customer service refuses to arrange and pay for diagnosis and repair since my VIN is not in the recall list for airbag recall. It has not yet been repaired.

- Durham, NH, USA

Jun 152015

Highlander Hybrid

I was driving my 2006 Toyota Highlander hybrid North on us 41 and a Dodge Caravan made a left turn at West county line road in front of my travel position. I could not avoid him and I hit him in his right rear near the wheel with the right front side of my vehicle causing the air bag in the steering wheel to deploy. When the airbag deployed there were sparks and possible fragments that hit my left arm and wrist causing first and second degree burns...updated 09/15/15

- Trinity, FL, USA

May 262014

Highlander Hybrid 6-cyl

Vehicle a ran a red light while being distracted by putting on her shoe and ran a red light at the intersection. Vehicle B crashed into the side of the vehicle a and vehicle B has body damage to front bumper fenders and hood and body rails. Vehicle B was totaled out by the insurance co. No air bags deployed in neither vehicle. Mileage was around 25-30 miles per hour and no one was seriously hurt. Why have air bags for safety if they do not deploy" need stiffer penalties for distracted driving, driver a was cited for running the red light. I was also told by the insurance company that industry took out body frames to cut gas mileage. Where is the safety when lives are at risk"

- Alexandria, VA, USA

May 142014

Highlander Hybrid 6-cyl

Toyota heater control unit has malfunctioned so that temperature control no longer works and now airbag, ac switch, rear defroster, and vent control no longer working. Entire unit needs to be replaced. Unfixed this has potential for causing accidents or injuries.

- Bainbridge Island, WA, USA

Jun 122007

Highlander Hybrid 6-cyl

Rear ended another car at the end of a ramp. Severe damage to other car. I wondered at the time why the air bag did not go off, even though my bumper and hood was damaged. But, police said it was probably because I went under the smaller car? I didn't question his judgment, but now that I hear of so many other Toyota car airbags not going off, I think there is a serious problem and it should be investigated.

- Charlottesville , VA, USA