$9,600.00

2. replace inverter (1 reports)
2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid:

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Owner Comments

Jun 052013

Highlander Hybrid 3.3L V6

• CVT transmission

Driving along at about 30-35mph when all the gauges dropped, engine died and car coasted without any power. Tried to restart the engine but it wouldn't start and I could get nothing out of it. Something was overloading the ignition circuit and was found to be related to the inverter, the fix seems to be to replace the entire inverter converter assembly.. All indications seem to point to faults as these things get older and it's really not safe that it just shuts down while you're driving.

- , Miami, FL, USA

May 312013

Highlander Hybrid Limited 3.3L V6

I was driving out of a restaurant with my mom. Put the car in reverse then drive all of a sudden the car stopped. My mom and I were stuck in the heat for an hour she has health issues. Had it towed to dealer they said repair cost is $9600. It is 3 miles under warranty expiration but 4 months over. I feel that I shouldn't have to pay this it is also barely over the 8yr/100000 warranty and the dealership warranty which was 102,863 I have seen other complaints from highlander hybrid owners on this defect which Toyota knows about. If no help is given I am going to news media etc.

- , Richmond, VA, USA