1998 Toyota Land Cruiser wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser:

1998 Toyota Land Cruiser Owner Comments

Mar 261999

Land Cruiser 4WD

My father was driving a 1998 Toyota landcruiser which he had had for about three months, and had alredy taken on couple of long trips. In the police report of the accident it sited that the cause ofthe accident was that the left front wheel of the car broke off due to a fault in the manufacturing of the car. I have written and faxed and called Toyota a number of times but they do not respond. I have read of two other similar incidents with the same car, one in italy and one in india - reported because some promenent people were involved in the crashes, an ambassador and a singer. When I heard on cnn about Toyota recalling a number of its models, the problem they sited sounded a lot like what happened to my father's car. The problem with the other models they said was that the heat of the friction from long or bumpy riding causes the front wheel connections to become loose and maybe fall out. Can you help me? or do you have any suggestions for things I might do to figure out why the wheel of my fathers car broke off on a flat straight road without any other cars involved. I also have lots of pictures of the car and the part that broke off, as well as the car itself, and I don't know where to send them. Thank you.

- Santa Barbara, CA, USA