2002 Toyota Land Cruiser seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser:

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser Owner Comments

Jul 132007

Land Cruiser 4-cyl

Serious safety issue dear sirs, this Monday of this week (13 August 2007) when I was putting my 3-year old daughter's carseat in my Toyota, the passenger seatbelt jammed in the fully extended position. I immediately took the car to my local dealer (tuscaloosa Toyota) and I was told that the seat belt could not be repaired and was not covered by a cradle-to-grave warranty, merely a 5-year, 60K warranty. I was told that the seat belt would have to be replaced at a cost of nearly $300. I believe that legally required safety issues on automobiles need to be covered cradle-to-grave as they have profound implications in the safety of drivers and passengers. As a side note, after 21 years of service my 86 Honda crx needed similar service. This was immediately remedied by my local Honda dealer (townsend Honda) at no cost, with no questions asked. James weston

- Cottondale, AL, USA