CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.

Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.

2009 Toyota Matrix steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Matrix:

2009 Toyota Matrix Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 092009

Matrix

On Sept 9 2009, I was on my way to las vegas Nevada in my 2009 Toyota Matrix sport and noticed when I exceeded alittle over the speed of 65 my car began to swerve side to side nearly looking like I'm about to side swipe the car in the next lane over..and this is not the only time this has happened a few more times on my way to work. And I have taken my car to Toyota and they kept on trying to convince me that I need new tires and I need alignment done, so really they didn't to anything for me my car is still new and I didn't need tires at all I still had alot of tire tread, and if you looked at the tires you would notice I was burning nothing but shoulder were going since I got it. So I've been very unhappy with Toyota they haven't don't anything to make me happen but just want to try and charge me for so many "services" that my car "need". :( very sad that I bought a Toyota, I think I should have gotten a Ford.

- Heceinda Heights, CA, USA

Nov 262009

Matrix

Bought 2009 Toyota Matrix in Sept. 2009... have experienced both gas pedal issues and steering issues. Gas pedal issue has been "fixed". in regards to the steering issue, I have noticed that when I was driving at speeds over 35mph it does pull to the right and feels like the car is being pushed by wind, my daughter & husband also experienced this while driving the car. I did not report the steering issue to anyone because I did not know it was a defect, this is the first Toyota I have owned and thought it was a Toyota thing. Also, I was involved in an accident in Nov. 2009 in the Toyota Matrix, I am unsure of whether the gas pedal issue may have played a role in that incident. I do not own this car now, I traded it in on another vehicle.

- Tacoma, WA, USA

Dec 082009

Matrix

When you're driving the car unexpectedly pulls to the left or the right then when trying to correct the steering over corrects thus jerking the car in which ever direction you are trying to correct. This action occurs every day. We have taken the vehicle to two different dealership service departments, at one we were told the front tires were swapped and at the other they said they could not duplicate the problem and we were told that there was nothing wrong with the steering and that without a recall there was nothing they could or would do to fix the problem.

- Searcy, AR, USA

May 012008

Matrix

There is a sway in the driving of the car on the highway. Staying in a lane is difficult. Steering is uneasy.

- District Heights, MD, USA

Oct 072009

Matrix 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota corolla Matrix. When starting the vehicle all of the warning lights illuminated on the instrument control panel. The speedometer failed, and then there was a loss of power steering. The vehicle was taken to the Toyota dealership for inspection. A technician stated that because they could not duplicate the failure they could not provide a remedy. The current and failure mileages were 72483. Updated 12/17/09 the warning lights remained on until the ignition was turned off. The speedometer and tachometer never left zero. Updated 12/21/09

- Chicago, IL, USA