2001 Toyota Prius accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Prius:

2001 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Jan 122015

Prius 4-cyl

I have started having an intermittent power steering issue. As I am driving the steering wheel begins to shake and I receive an error message that there is an issue with the power steering system. Then the error clears and says the problem is solved. This issue happens intermittent and sometimes lasts longer. I know in the past there was a recall on the power steering unit in the past. I believe the previous owner had the recall service done, but I do not understand that if the service was performed why my vehicle is having this issue with my Prius.

- Kingsport, TN, USA