2001 Toyota Prius electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Prius:

2001 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Apr 142008

Prius 4-cyl

In 2007 I had a side impact with my vehicle. I told Toyota to check for any damage with the computer components in the car. They said they checked everything out and said it was fine. Monday I had the computer and inverter go out on my 2001 Toyota Prius and I asked my insurance company aaa to check if it could be related to the accident. There response said it was internal shorts in the system not caused by the accident. The hybrid computer and electronic system just decided to short out. The cost to get it repair it is $4,800. The mileage is 190,000, past warranty. Nothing is wrong with the engine part just the computer electrics part. I don't have that kind of money and I still owe $10,100 on it yet.

- Racine, WI, USA