2002 Toyota Prius wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Prius:

2002 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Apr 052004

Prius 4-cyl

In November of 2003 I had a tire blowout while on the freeway. The car handled well and I was able to get off the freeway and put on the spare. When replacing the tire I found that I had to purchase a "super heavy duty" tire because of the weight of my car. The tire was inflated to the specifications in my owner's manual (35lbs). In April I had a second blow-out and replaced the tire at my Toyota dealership. At that time I was informed that Toyota found that inflating the tires to 45lbs seemed to be working better. I have now replaced all four tires and inflated them to the recommended 45lbs. If Toyota had notified me as an owner that the manual was not correct and that the tires should have been inflated to 45lbs I would have gotten twice as much usage out of my tires and I would not have experienced two blowouts and a whell realignment cost. There should be a recall, notice to owners and a rplacement of tires at Toyota's cost.

- Visalia, CA, USA