2004 Toyota Prius accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Prius:

2004 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Jun 062011

Prius

I just had the display begin to fail so I took it to the closest dealership. They called with a prince tag of $4300.00 to fix. I am a computer technician by trade and they did not offer anything but the display has to be replaced. They do not know if the connector is bad or the wiring is bad or the display is just shot. Since I am in this field I am dismayed. This is poor troubleshooting at best. I will troubleshoot this further and update as I gather more information. At Best this is 1/2 of the present value of my entire vehicle.

- , Tuttle, OK, USA