9.2

2005 Toyota Prius suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Prius:

2005 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Sep 162007

Prius 4-cyl

The traction control on my 2005 Prius is dangerous. This is a well-documented problem (www.priuschat.com). Toyota will not fix the problem. The problem is that when the car hits even a small patch of water and the tires slip, the engine shuts down for way too long. So, when accelerating rapidly from a stop, for example, if the tires happen to spin, the car just coasts for way too long. This is especially dangerous when accelerating rapidly onto a freeway from a stop, which I have to do frequently. My entrance onto the 101 in hollywood requires this type of acceleration, and I dread it every time I do it. I own a 2005 Prius. Do a search on www.priuschat.com using the term "traction control" to see many other similar complaints. This is the first complaint I have ever filed, and I really hope something can be done about it.

- Hollywood, CA, USA

Apr 012005

Prius 4-cyl

Prius had extemely poor stability at highway speeds with 25 mph gusty crosswind. Directional stability was *extremely* poor - wind gust would shift direction of the car 10-15 degrees. Little road feedback in steering wheel, required great attention from dirver to control car @ 60mph. Less capable driver (I.e. older) probably would end up in a wreck.

- Houston, TX, USA