2006 Toyota Prius lights problems

lights problem

2006 Toyota Prius Owner Comments (Page 7 of 7)

Aug 162006

Prius 4-cyl

On 8/16/06 I was driving to work in the morning and after about 15 minutes on the road I got a warning sound and light (triangle) on my dash and a headlight leveling indicator on the monitor. I had 61,000 miles (of course 1,000 miles over my extended warranty). I called the dealer to make sure this was not a problem and that I could get it looked at on my next visit in early Sept. They indicated it should be ok so I did. After diagnostics it turns out the auto headlight level had shorted out (not sure what that means) and it was going to cost about $650 to replace. I had to replace to get a safety inspection and this warning also impacted other automated checkout features with the system. This could be luck of the draw but I did some web checking and several folks have had this kind of problem so I am wondering if this is documented and hopefully in line for a recall.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA