8.1

2006 Toyota Prius miscellaneous problems

2006 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Feb 262007

Prius

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Prius. The contact would like to file a general complaint about hybrid vehicles. The contact stated that the vehicle did not make enough noise for blind pedestrians to hear them. Updated 03/20/07

- Newberryport, MA, USA

Sep 112006

Prius

: the contact stated while driving 65 mph on a major highway, the sun visors were too small and would not provide flexibility to adjust and reflect the sun. The vehicle had to be pulled over to avoid an accident. The manufacturer was contacted and determined they were aware of the problem which would be referred to their engineering department and could be remedied in future models.

- Williamsburg, MA, USA

May 312006

Prius

I was walking through a parking lot when the Prius I was behind backed up into me (I moved quickly away and was not injured). I did not know the car was about to back up because it made no noise. I did not even know it was on. I don't know why I didn't notice any backup lights, probably because it was a bright sunny day. I would like, as a pedestrian, to be able to hear that a car is running and about to move.

- Laguna Niguel, CA, USA