2007 Toyota Prius accessories - interior problems

2007 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Dec 012008

Prius

Hello there. I am almost 8 months pregnant and I drive a Prius. I called the dealer and the Toyota company to get my driver side airbag disabled until I have my child. I believe that if the bag went off it would pose harm to my fetus, especially as I carry high in my torso. They said that they were unable to do so, as per regulation. I find this horrid, especially with the holiday season and the usual rise of impaired drivers. I can be as safe as I can but if someone hits me and the airbag deploys, it has a great potential of doing more [possibly unnecessary] damage to my baby than the crash alone. I was told that you could possibly provide some resolution for this in order for my dealer to disable the airbag for my remaining two months of pregnancy. Please get back to me.

- Philomath, OR, USA