2007 Toyota Prius lights problems

lights problem

2007 Toyota Prius Owner Comments (Page 45 of 46)

Jun 012008

Prius

One or both headlights will turn off intermittently while driving, if the headlight switch is turned off and then on again the lights will come back on but may shut off again after a few minutes. Headlights also will stay on but become so dim as to not be able to see while driving in the dark.

- Auburn, WA, USA

Oct 032008

Prius

One of my headlights on my 2007 Toyota Prius keeps going off. If I turn the lights off and then back on the light will come back on immediately. This appears to happen mostly in moist conditions. The dealership will not cover this under warranty and has no idea what is wrong. The dealer wants $375 plus labor for just the lamp but won't guarantee it. States they have never heard of this happening. However, after checking this appears to be a problem all across the us with this vehicle.

- Monroe, LA, USA

Aug 092008

- River Falls, WI, USA

Jun 012008

Prius

Several months ago about June my headlamp intermittently would go out. When I would stop to try and fix it or see what was wrong it would be working again. I would be thinking it was working until a police man would stop me to tell me my headlamp was out. I finally took it to the dealership and they claimed the bulb was blown. I know it was not because it was working intermittently. They replaced the bulb at a cost of 400 dollars. I then heard from a friend who owns a Prius they have the same problem. I decided to look online and see if anyone else has had this problem and it seems to be a common problem with Prius owners.

- Castroville, TX, USA

Sep 152008

Prius

Hid bulbs intermittent on my 2007 Toyota Prius. Problem is known to Toyota, according to "priuschat "website forum posts. Toyota is not consistent with resolution of problem. Had passenger-side replaced at no cost, was told we would have to pay for other side if problem occurs. I've been having a problem with the driver's-side light for a few weeks, only 1 month after other side bulb was replaced. The quick fix is to turn headlights off, then immediately back on. The lights will then work for a while. Obviously this is causing an unsafe condition on the road!

- Palenville, NY, USA

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Sep 162008

Prius

While driving the front left or the front right headlight goes out, no warning. I don't know if they have ever both been off at the same time.

- Mount Prospect , IL, USA

Jul 302007

Prius

Head lights - symptoms except that some times its the left, sometimes the right. If I turn the switch off and then back on corrects it.

- Valencia, CA, USA

Aug 292008

Prius

Left hid headlight on 2007 Toyota Prius intermittently went out without warning. Turning lights off and on would sometimes turn light back on but it would subsequently go off again. This occurred sporadically and unpredictably. Vehicle taken to Toyota dealership but dealer was not initially able to reproduce the defect. Taken to dealership again and left with dealer for one week. Dealer replaced computer under extended vehicle warranty and replaced headlight at a cost of $404 to owner.

- Newnan, GA, USA

Jul 102008

Prius

Toyota Prius 2007, headlights goes off at various times, on both sides, turning the headlight switch off and on fixes the problem temporarily.

- Selma, TX, USA

Jun 142008

Prius

Hid lamps failing within 17 months and 20 months.

- Hancock, NH, USA

Aug 302008

Prius

Right front headlight goes out, when I turn lights off and back on, the light comes back. Was told that unless I can reproduce the problem, the dealer can't fix, but then was told I would have to replace the computer that controls the headlights, for over $1000.

- Chico, CA, USA

Aug 302008

Prius

The passenger-side headlight on my Toyota Prius 2007 has been intermittently going off for about two weeks. I took it to a local mechanic who could not duplicate the problem and therefore couldn't diagnose it. A week ago, driving on highway 287 in NY at night I was stopped by harrison NY police and given a ticket for a "correctable defect" - the headlight was out again. Took it to a different mechanic, couldn't reproduce effects. Took it to Toyota, they couldn't diagnose it either, and said I'd have to return for a multi-hour perhaps multi-day appointment, which I made for Tuesday coming up. They said it wouldn't be a safety issue. Last night driving home both headlights went out. Driving on a dark road, I put on safety flashers which provided some light, and then found that holding the bright lights on (pulling the stick towards me) gave me light to drive home.

- Irvington, NY, USA

Aug 252008

Prius

Hid headlight failure on 2007 Toyota Prius resulting in over $500 worth of repairs. Headlight would come on for a short period of time and then go off and on intermittently.

- Magnet, IN, USA

Mar 102008

Prius

Passenger side headlight goes out and only turns back on when I toggle light switch off and then on again. This occurs multiple times throughout the day and it causes difficulty visualizing traffic signs on the right side at night. Nothing has been done to rectify the problem as of yet. I'm hoping to see a safety recall of the problem considering the quantity of Prius owners affected by this issue.

- Bogota, NJ, USA

Apr 152008

Prius

Hid head light on Prius goes on and off. Dealer said it was bulb, after searching internet many people with same problem, and high cost of fix.

- Middle Island, NY, USA

Jul 102008

Prius

Headlights suddenly fail, there is no consistency, no way to predict. It may be the right headlight, left or both. Frequently they dim and we are suddenly in the dark. Switching the on/off switch gets them back on, but they often pop off again - without warning. We brought this to the dealers attention three times. Twice they said nothing was wrong. This time the tech said the car needed a new wiring assembly, but the service counter guy tried to say it needed a bulb. Following a strong meeting with the service manager they are looking at the "possible problem". this is life endangering! help us please.

- Rockland, MA, USA

Jul 282008

Prius

Hid bulbs going bad on 2007 Toyota Prius it is extremely dangerous because as the bulbs go bad they still go on when a driver turns them on, but as one drives they go off unbeknownst to the driver. I took the vehicle to a Toyota dealership and they said this was normal and that it would cost 400 dollars per bulb. I can't believe that one can drive without headlights and not have some warning device to indicate the problem or at minimal have some warning given when purchasing the vehicle.

- Laguna Niguel, CA, USA

Feb 022007

Prius

2007 Prius frequent failure of one hid headlight - mostly the left. Have taken it to the dealer and he says he cannot repeat the failure. This happened 2 times a week for about 6 months, and is now becoming dangerous.

- El Granada, CA, USA

Jun 232008

Prius

Drivers side headlight not working and working sometimes on my 2007 Toyota Prius. Dealer is replacing it at 28,000 miles.

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

May 272008

Prius

2007 headlight on passenger side goes off intermittently. When I start the car again, the light will go on. Dealer wants to replace light at a cost of #300. Plus. Just out of warranty.

- South Wales, NY, USA