9.1

wheels / hubs problem

2007 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Mar 152007

Prius 4-cyl

Oem tire blowout on a 2007 Prius touring edition purchased approximately before 11 /06 purchased new from a local Toyota dealer. Incident tire failed Bridgestone turanza EL400-02 size 195/55-16 dot el L3@dln3606 sidewall blowout right rear tire less then 2000 miles on tire itinerary was to drive to la leave Saturday the 17th for home before leaving the house checked tire pressure cold in all four tires it was right on the recommended factory spec 33rear/35 front we left for la on the 3/15/07 at 5:00 pm we drove at or below posted I15 speed limits driving southbound left lane on I15 at 70 mph at about 6:30 pm without warning a loud metallic sound sounded like something hit the rear passenger door lower quarter about one minute later the low pressure tire warning light came on we were at exit 259 we contacted Toyota roadside assistance for help with tire change to the spare hoping to get a replacement tire at the local Toyota dealer so I could get off the limited range spare traveled another 70miles to barstow ca got to the local barstow Toyota dealer did not have the tire in stock or even one to fit the tire size so I called where I purchased the car and they had no tire for the Prius touring edition either and the best the dealer in barstow could do at that time was Monday or Tuesday morning!! !the 20th so the parts guys credit in the barstow Toyota dealer found a Firestone fire hawk gta-02 H not V rated at 1:30pm Friday in my which I paid dollars for to get home on I contacted Bridgestone customer affairs on 3/23 they opened a file took the blown tire in to a local Bridgestone dealer and he looked at the tire and said it was caused by a defect and could to get a replacement he would have to special order the tire I am filing this complaint because of Toyota and Bridgestone total lack of continuing bury there head in the sand pass the buck, its not there problem support there customers it 3/29/07 and I still don't have4 reliable tires.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA