8.9

2010 Toyota Prius accessories - interior problems

2010 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Apr 252011

Prius 4-cyl

On multiple occasions, I have experienced issues with the car suddenly accelerating while I'm pressing the brakes. Specifically, this appears to occur when braking on uneven surfaces (ie construction areas, pot holes, etc.). this can obviously become a deadly situation if one is trying to stop the vehicle and with this problem run into the car/vehicle ahead. Most recently this occurred on the surface streets in low speed, in traffic. It feels like the car lurches ahead while applying the brake. I was told by the service people at Toyota that I was making this up. I can recreate it given the right surface.

- Diamond Bar, CA, USA

Dec 132010

Prius 4-cyl

The dynamic radar cruise control system suddenly applies brakes while, or soon after, passing a large truck (18 wheeler). Happens rarely. But when it does happen, it is always while, or soon after, slowly passing a larger truck on an interstate and traveling about 70 mph. When it does occur, it normally occurs when the front of the Prius is slightly behind the front of the truck (in the immediate lane to my right) where the truck should be outside the range of the radar. The last time, though, the Prius was well in front of the truck, there was no vehicle in front of me. And, yes, there was no dirt, snow, etc. On the front of the car that might affect the operation of the radar.

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Feb 022010

Prius

I bought a Toyota Prius V 2010. I have complained to Toyota about the braking system. I am also filling a formal complaint with NHTSA. Also the back auto dimming mirror doesnt work properly. They cant find a fix. Lane keep assist works really poorly. I would say I doesnt work! also bluetooth systems doesnt work properly. There is a delay in answering the call.

- San Diego, CA, USA