8.9

2011 Toyota Prius brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Prius:

2011 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Sep 132011

Prius

Braking over uneven road surface cause loss in braking force. This only occurs while braking over uneven road surface. Very close calls.

- Jackson, NJ, USA

Nov 132011

Prius 4-cyl

While stepping firmly on the brake and shifting into reverse, the vehicle moved approximately 18 inches backwards then stopped suddenly. This has occurred on at least three separate occasions, although usually when starting the vehicle. This time I paid close attention to the position of my foot on the brake. It was firmly pressed, but traveled only 1-2 inches. After the vehicle stopped and I was satisfied that I hadn't made a mistake I released the brake and reapplied it. This time it traveled the normal 3-4 inches. Each time I have the car serviced at the dealer I mention this to the technician. They reply that they've heard of that happening, but offer no solution.

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Jul 262011

Prius 4-cyl

I have a 2011 Prius and if while I am braking, I drive over a bump in the road, the brakes release. I must re-apply the brakes to re-engage them. I feel this is very dangerous. There are numerous website references to this problem. When will a recall happen before someone has a serious accident?

- West Babylon, NY, USA