4.9

2011 Toyota Prius suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Prius:

2011 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Dec 012016

Prius

Iive had my Prius from 4-14 to the present 2016. I keep having issues with the dealership I take it to for repairs. Bob smith in la crescenta ca. After mentioning and describing issues, the staff there says that unless the dash lights up with a message and gives a code, they cant fix it. So in order for them to look into it any further than me telling them dash light is nec. Ive told them about the ac noise from the first say I took the car in to grt services at 33K. They say they dont hear or see anything. My ac compressor sounds like ita going ro explode when ac is on. Brakes have been extremely diff. To explain because of terminology. They seem to lose their power when being pressed and ABS seems to malfuncion?? so they drive it and tell me its nohing I need to worry about and will be fixed when changed. Change brakes and the prob persists. Not only ABS but Firestone says my hardware has issues as well. I brinf it to the attention of the staff and nothing seems to get donw about it... my odo. Speedom is/was off +2 mph. My weather seals have been stripped and ripped off the vehicle which now causes water leaks from every crevise.. and the biggest two of all my complaints are 1- hybrid batt. Fan never worked and I wasnt told...hyb batt has nwvwr worked properly (drains way too fast when stopped at a light or in traff) along with the heat created by the batt and the engine that fill up the cabin and qwill have the temp raised upwards of 90+ on a 75 deg day. 2- the ECU's ipm's (or something like that) has not been calib. Or updated. Even received coverage stickers from toy hedqrts stating full coverage if a.B.C. (listing of problems or malfuncions) I desctibe thw exact same symptoms to them and get the same respons"no code, no fix" help and ps I just checked the VIN onlne 4my veh & it says a diff pakage w/a bunch of extras that I never got upon purchae"??_hmmm?"

- South Pasadena, CA, USA

Sep 012015

Prius

There are 3 issues I am having with this Prius. The brakes are the first problem. As others have stated, I too have the same lurching forward when braking over bumby or rough roads. This has been ongoing over the last few years. Second, the suspension is creaking and crunching when making turns at low speeds under 20mph. This happens when the wheels are turned all the way right and all the way left. This crunching noise happens when backing out of the driveway, making U-turns, coming to a stop on an incline, and braking over speed bumps. I've had the dealer look at this for the last year when I come in for service and one tech says they can't figure it out, another tech says he hears it but can't find the root of the problem, the service mgr. Also went on a drive with me and reproduces the noise concern but the techs couldn't find it. Most were suggesting new front suspension components-struts, towers, links, etc. I replaced the two front struts and all of the extra components-the noise concern is still there. I am very upset about this. Third issue is the ice-motor. When stopped at a red light and the engine shuts off, the car lurches forward and makes a creaking sound. It's appears that something is not right. The engine seems like it is loose. The engine also makes rattling sound when cruising lightly at 15-25 mph with the accelerator pressed slightly. The sound is coming from the passenger side, under the dashboard-glove compartment area. This is a rattle sound coming from the engine. I've had this looked at as well and the dealer states they cannot duplicate it. I have recorded all sounds related to these concerns and am taking it back to the dealer this month.

- West Hollywood, CA, USA

Nov 042011

Prius

My brand new 2011 Prius class five with alloy wheel, make a lot of noise coming from front left tire. Tire is brand new, try a tire rotate, wheel is still making noise at 5mph to 70. Take it to dealer they say it normal when I don't think it normal. Very staring for a brand new car to make these noise.

- San Jose , CA, USA