2011 Toyota Prius wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Prius:

2011 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Oct 182012

Prius 4-cyl

Was driving a 2011 Prius with just under 25,000 miles on October 18, 2012 on a 2 lane highway. A rear tire sidewall blew out. There was a rollover end for end down a very steep and long ditch. There were severe back injuries.

- Oskaloosa, IA, USA

Oct 182012

Prius 4-cyl

On October 18,2012 I was driving my 2011 Prius 2 on a 2 lane highway at 55 mph when the drivers side rear yokohama tire blew out on the sidewall. I swerved in to the left lane twice before leaving the road, snapping off a utility pole, going down a revine and rolling over end for end and side to side. I ended up in the middle of the back seat on my stomach facing the rear of the car. The drivers seat was broken back and my seatbelt was still on. I was in in the hospital for a month following back surgery. I had 3 cracked vertibre and one cracked rib as well as many bruises. Needless to say the car was totaled and I am still recovering 3.5 months later.

- Oskaloosa, IA, USA