2012 Toyota Prius accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Prius:

2012 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Jul 182012

Prius 4-cyl

Head restraint (head rest) on driver seat does not stay in place. After I adjust it, it rises very slowly. If I do not continually readjust it (3 or 4 times a day), it rises above my head. I consider this a safety concern. This has been happening since I bought the car (new) and I have asked Toyota several times to repair this defect, and they say that it is 'normal'. I have owned many cars during my lifetime, and this has never happened before in any of them. It does not happen to the passenger head restraint. I do not think it is 'normal', and if it is 'normal' for Toyota, then all Toyota cars have a safety problem. I have contacted Toyota and they just refer the problem back to my local dealer, who continues to give me the same answer.

- Pasadena, CA, USA