2013 Toyota Prius wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Prius:

2013 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

May 112016

In heavy rains breaking does not work well. Even at 10 mph if you hit a puddle of water. Can cause a crash. It has happened on a dirt road going at low speed. Back road where water rises and in some heavy rain on the highway

- Danville, VA, USA

Mar 272014

Prius 4-cyl

I had a rear tire blow out for no apparent reason. I did not hit anything. And it appears to be a defect. I did have to drive off road to safely avoid risky situation. The Toyota dealer refused to take up with yokohama. I bought the car only in February this year and barley has any miles on it. The dealership completely unhelpful. This is clearly a defect and safety hazard!

- Amherst, MA, USA

Mar 062014

Prius 4-cyl

While the car was going down the ramp to the parking basement, the brake in our Prius didn't function even though the driver slammed on it and the car continued to picked up acceleration. None of the airbags deployed either, amazingly. The driver was able to make a right turn and missed the wall/concrete pillar, but the driver hit a parked car and that's what stopped the Prius from moving further.

- Houston, TX, USA

Dec 062013

Prius 4-cyl

I bought this car in November since the car is new. I wanted to install mud guards so I had to remove each wheel. As I was torquing the wheel nuts, one stud came off. I used a torque wrench 65 ftlb. I went to the dealer they told me that I broke the stud that this is not cover by the warranty. I told them that this studs must have a defect from manufacturing. I hope they don't fail while I'm driving.

- Miami, FL, USA