2014 Toyota Prius engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Prius:

2014 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Jun 182014

Prius 4-cyl

I purchased a 2014 Toyota Prius on May 31, 2014. Today 6/18/14 I found out there was a recall on this model vehicle. I called Toyota and I was informed the recall service had not been performed. I called a local dealer (different from the one where I purchased the vehicle) and they informed me that when they pulled the VIN, it showed stop sale in effect. I do not blame Toyota as obviously if one dealer could see the stop sale so could the other. I think that there should be stricter regulations on dealerships to make sure these recalls are completed before the sale!! just like the gentleman that complained earlier I also purchased a brand new defective vehicle, how can this happen several months after the recall. !! now I have to take the time off to take it in to have the recall fixed. This is a major inconvenience, loss of use of vehicle and loss of time from work. I also want to know how to get compensated for the inconvenience and time, plus the fact they sold and I have been driving an unsafe vehicle.

- Lakehills, TX, USA