6.0

2014 Toyota Prius miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Prius:

2014 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Aug 042015

Prius

Within the last six months, and about four times, I had experienced rough/high idling during hot days and after driving over 80 miles; using air conditioning. (I work over 70 miles from home.) I decided to take the car to the Toyota of redlands dealership on August 4, 2015, because the car was displaying the same conditions. While on the way to the dealership, and on the freeway, the car began to idle heavily. I merged to exit the freeway and while on the off ramp, stopped, the car completely shut off. The display read "check hybrid engine. Stop park the car safely." I was able to restart the vehicle to move from off-ramp traffic and park it. The message on display was still there. I shut off the car and called the dealership. They recommended I have the car towed to them. When tow truck arrived, I turned on the car to position it for the towing bed. The message no longer displayed. The car stayed with dealership all day on August 5, 2015. According to the dealership, the display showed no message and there is no code to indicate a malfunction occurred. They were not able to diagnose the problem. I am keeping the vehicle at the dealership on August 6, 2015, for further evaluation. My concern is two-fold: 1. my safety, 2. if the system displayed a message, why does the system not produce a code for the technicians as a non-hybrid car would? this itself presents a serious issue.

- Highland, CA, USA

Jun 122014

Prius

Cars av smells like mold av condenser clogged smell get worse as time goes on car is unbearable to drive now

- Concord , CA, USA

Aug 252014

Prius

I frequently get a musty smell out of my vents that I have noticed from time of taking ownership. I was told at that time Toyota was aware of it and the solution was to take the system out of recirculate a few miles from home allowing outside fresher air in to remove the apparent moisture buildup. I tried to leave the system in the fresh air mode most of the time, but still experience this smell/odor. At my 10K service I brought this up again and was offered a 'goodwill' system cleaning and a charcoal filter. The mechanic performed the procedure (although I am not sure if it was for the recommended time frame, dash-cam inside vehicle caught the whole 10K service) the smell is still there and sometimes even overwhelmingly bad.

- Seminole, FL, USA

May 012014

Prius 4-cyl

2014 Toyota Prius. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle safety features. The consumer believed back-up cameras should come standard on vehicle. He also believed auto braking should be a standard feature.

- Livermore, CA, USA