2015 Toyota Prius body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Prius:

2015 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Jul 242016

Prius

I was sitting in the passenger seat of the car while it was parallel parked. I pressed the push to start button to turn on the battery so I could charge my phone. There was no one in the driver seat. The car turned completely on when I reached over to press the button. Not only did the engine start, but without anyone pressing on the breaks the car released itself from being parked. The car started rolling backwards into the car parked behind me. I have no explanation about how this happened. I have been reading into it and apparently it's a defect of the 2015 and older models. When the car started rolling back I also started pressing both the park and push to start buttons to turn it off again. I've never felt so unsafe in a vehicle and goes to confirm that park and push to start should not be buttons!!! it makes the vehicle much more dangerous not being able to override those commands when it chooses to go on its own.

- Beverly Hills, CA, USA

Feb 102016

Prius

Driving on an expressway when I heard something similar to a gunshot and the sunroof spontaneously exploded. No indication of a foreign object hitting the roof and much of the glass flew outward rather than inward.

- Annandale, VA, USA

Jul 142015

Prius

I pulled into my driveway to park the car. I pressed the power off button to turn off the car. The shift lever was in the drive position. The car display said goodbye but the car drove forward. I jammed on the brake and hit a wagon causing $1300 damage. A child or animal could have been hit. The owner's manual states on P.188 that if the hybrid system of the car is turned off with the shift lever in a position other than park, the car will be turned to accessory mode.

- Garnet Valley, PA, USA