2015 Toyota Prius seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Prius:

2015 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Aug 162016

2015 Prius 4 after rear end collision noted passenger airbag 'off'- passenger seatbelt icon blinks - airbag icon on dash lit continuously. Vehicle was hit from behind when in process of stopping (breaking but still in motion 90 - 50 ft from turn) waiting for left turn through oncoming traffic onto side road from highway. Body shop attempted to clear with diagnostic computer interface but unsuccessful. Body shop shrugged it off forcing us to deal with mfg for repairs.

- Oak Harbor, WA, USA

Feb 182016

• 4,000 miles I was in a wreck on 2/18/16. The vehicle I was in was a 2015 Toyota Prius plugin with 4,000 miles on it. Impact was substantial to front end, totaling car. Fault was admitted by other party, injuries involved, left scene in ambulance. Upon impact airbags, seat belt pretensioners, entire safety system did not activate, power died instantly. Active headrest broken. Ntsb in 2008 required kill switch override be installed on all lithium ion battery plugin cars to prevent surge fires. I have the articles. For whatever reason it was great impact and no safety features activated. Car is sitting in original state, deemed as total loss. I would like an attorney to assist in inspecting and documenting this with independent investigator. Sooner than later. Please contact me if interest, I am sure there is issues with this cars safety feature activation. I also have dash-cam footage of the wreck. My cell is: (240) 578 0497.

- Frederick, MD, USA

Feb 222016

The side impact airbags did not deploy properly.

- Manhattan Beach, CA, USA

Mar 152015

I was pulling out of a parking space where my front was up against a building with a car on either side of me. I reversed for about 25' where a telephone pole mandated that I make a K-turn to get out. As I switched from reverse to forward, I saw a spark as the car jet-propelled forward. I tried to break multiple times, but the car accelerated the 25' into the wall. All airbags deployed, and fluid gushed out of the front end. The car was declared a total loss. I was told by Toyota and my insurance company that I must have accidentally accelerated instead of repeatedly breaking. I am grateful that I hit a wall instead of people. Someone could easily have died had I had switched from reverse gear to forward in less confined location. The entire accident lasted 2 seconds, with no opportunity to pull the emergency break or go into neutral. Ps: I am a happily married doctor with beautiful children and grandchildren, and not at all suicidal. This three month old 2015 Prius 3 failed before the first oil change. I am not satisfied with the results.

- Frederick, MD, USA