2015 Toyota Prius suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Prius:

2015 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Aug 022015

Prius

I was inching into a grocery store parking spot in my new, perfectly maintained 2015 Toyota Prius when I experienced unintended acceleration. My vehicle shot forward and in a second had crashed over a cement curb, through a flower bed, and was stopped - despite my desperately jamming the brake - only by smashing into a brick wall. The suspension and steering on the car is now severely damaged, and the car cannot be driven. I am horrified: I could have been seriously injured and worse, hit/hurt another person (or at the very least severely damaged property). What if I had chosen a parking spot in front of a group of children?!! they cloud have been killed! the car is now at a Toyota service center waiting for Toyota corporate to "decide" if a car accelerating into a brick wall of its Accord is a "design flaw" that it will pay to fix. I believe that what may have happened is that the computer system that controls the throttle/acceleration experienced a software bug which threw the car forward. In fact, Toyota was forced pay out over one billion dollars in fines last year (2014) by the us government for this exact issue - but apparently it didn't fix its 2015 line B/F letting it go to market. I purchased the Toyota Prius because it was received top safety and reliability ratings. Only now do I learn Toyota has a history of hiding unintended acceleration bugs in its car designs for years - and blaming owners for its recklessly unsafe and thereby unethical auto designs (no, this wasn't caused by a stuck floor mat). I am furious. No one can afford to be blamed for vehicular manslaughter due to manufacturer negligence. Even if Toyota claims to have fixed my Prius, its word clearly means nothing and I do not trust the company. I will be getting rid of the car asap and searching for a safer model.

- Sunland, CA, USA